12/03/2014

Mom Jeans

Hello all! I must say i'm a little nervous to do my first fashion post! As an illustrator i've put my work out there to be criticised/praised and in a way i can hide behind that, but a fashion post is letting someone really jude your sense of style (obviously) which is a little scary as it's so personal. But I wanted to blog about different things so i'm going to give it all a go!  I've been pinning mom jeans like mad lately, and i've definitely been wanting to give them a go, I love how comfy they are and they're definitely a great piece to style up or dress down. I decided to pair them with some black heels and a basic blazer. The Heels are lovely to wear for half an hour, they they rub terribly, I love to wear stilettos but these are not kind on your feet, If I were going out in this outfit I would definitely grab my pair of kitten heels (below) which I bought for £5 from ebay, They're second hand Very shoes and are super comfy. The one thing I will say about mom jeans it that they can accentuate you in the wrong places, personally I don't think i've got very large hips but they do emphasise them so i've made sure to wear a tight t-shirt and tailored blazer to slim me out a little. I'd love to try styling these jeans in a few different ways to see how versatile they can be! unintentionally 90% of this outfit is Primark, Oooh LA LA




Blazer: second hand free - T-shirt: Primark Basic £2.50 - Mom Jeans: TopShop £40 -
Shoes: Primark £12 - Bag: Primark £12 - Glasses: Primark £2.50

I try to separate Gold and Silver as I don't think they work too well on me together, The only silver I have is the little frame on my sunglasses, but my watch, bag and shoe detailing are all gold.


my new shoes! super comfy, I forgot I bid on these and was very happy to find them on their way to me!
 Well, thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed my first fashion post :)



14 comments:

  1. I really like the smart casual look you've gone for here, and the Ombre hair is really lovely. Great photographs as usual. J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, I'm really enjoying photography at the moment x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous first outfit post :D
    I love how you've styled the mom jeans :)

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! They're a bit large, think i might need to swap them so they're a little tighter on the legs x

      Delete
  3. I know it's scary to put yourself out there in these fashion posts. I've been doing primarily fashion posts on my blog and I get nervous about some of the looks...and even, who is seeing them!

    I really love the mom jeans on you. You have a great sense of style, so it's great to show it off!

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, I'm so relieved it went down well, it's been an encouraging response, really appreciate your comments :)
      Xx

      Delete
  4. The mom jeans look amazing on you !
    But I love you new shoes !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thankyou., I think they're a bit like marmite for most people :p
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing on you Natalie! Your hair is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very good <3
    I very like it!
    http://zyciowa-salatka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeep! You're so beautiful, you remind me of Leighton Meester. Your snaps are gorgeous too, I love those new heels!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Tara Thank-you so much! I've been told that before, but i can't see it myself! (won't argue with you too much though ;) hehe) xx

      Delete