21/02/2014

Street Style New York


Fashion weeeeeek! It's very exciting, and as much as I need to see what's on the catwalk I seem to really enjoy looking at the fashion from the front row and attendees lately, a street style frenzy has swept the internet in the last few years thanks to bloggers and independent fashion lovers,  It's really interesting to see the people who attend these shows and how their personal style is influenced by it, Obviously if I could buy designer my wardrobe would be crammed with Burberry, Lanvin and Givenchy, but unfortunately the life of a new freelance artist only allows a high street wardrobe... Which is fine! There are many stores  which really keep up with the trends and offer very well made clothes. For me, Zara has some of the best elegant pieces that are simple and beautiful. 
 Reading through Vogue online I came across New York fashion week street style images, All of the people chosen had such a unique sense of style, I had to draw a few of my favourites,
Street Style Fashion illustrations





The first being Sonya Esman who is wearing my ultimate love at the moment... (Boyfriend Jeans) paired with a lovely textured coat and fluffy bag I really enjoyed the different surfaces mixed within this outfit, I think it works so well due to the muted colour pallets brought together, this is a look I'd love to try out, maybe with a nice white blouse.

Next is an outfit which really reminds me of something I wore when I was young. The skirt/trouser combination isn't something I'd be confident enough to try, but Veronica Gledhil wears this so well, if there's something I've learnt through fashion in the last few years it's never to say never, if you hate a trend and publicly bash it, prepare to eat your words when it's styled to perfection and you unwillingly love it (I'm still not going to say I'm unsure about trainers on the chanel catwalk...) I love all there is about this outfit, its a real breath of fresh air in street style but still remains on trend with the shoe style and linear silhouette. For a petite girl such as myself i think this outfit would unfortunately enhance my shortness, but you never know, I'd like to try a more layered look.
 Next is Lainey Hedaya I'm a big fan of capes, I don't own any but I'm starting to be convinced (thanks to Suki Waterhouse too) they're very feminine and I love the movement with the extra material, I especially like the length of this cape, I can imagine it being worn over a beautiful 1950's evening gown, making it beautiful for any occasion. There is a sophistication with this outfit which I can really appreciate, the Manolos work perfectly adding a just enough detail to the outfit without it being over done. 

All the links to these ladies twitter accounts can be reached by clicking on their name! I hope they all like these illustrations and you enjoyed reading some of my thoughts on street style x 

2 comments: